“The Red Chair symbolizes our focus on the person for whom we design and plan, bringing smart, unique ideas that enrich the experience for each.” – David Cockrill, CEO
In January 2012, East Tennessee-based companies Cockrill Design & Planning and Community Tectonics Architects merged to create Red Chair Architects. Both firms have been recognized for excellence in design and planning during their combined 90 years of practice throughout Middle and East Tennessee.
Red Chair Architects is a full-service architectural design firm utilizing the best design thinking, experience and partnerships to embrace each client’s needs. By first listening and then understanding each one’s goals, desires and budgets, the Red Chair team captures their clients’ dream and gets it built.
PreK-12, Higher Education, Healthcare, Civic, Commercial, Adaptive Reuse, Religious and Residential
- Pre-design: site analysis/selection/acquisition; strategic planning and programming; development option identification; project delivery
- Capital Building Program | Capital Maintenance Scheduling and Budgeting
- Facility Assessment | Analysis: function/physical condition/utilization/life cycle analysis
- Long-Range Strategic Planning | Master Planning: urban; academic/campus; religious; school system- wide; residential
- Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical and Structural
- Interior Design: interior programming; space-planning; finish selections; tenant build-out and furniture selection
- Facilities Management Services
Red Chair Architects’ philosophy is simple:
The “red chair” symbolizes the firm’s focus on the person for whom we design and plan…a comfortable place of real distinction for our clients as we explore each one’s unique design needs.
Red Chair Architects is committed to serving East Tennessee through exceptional design and friendship for years to come.